Automatically add Facebook posts data to CMS. Possible?

Hey there

I’m working on a news page and would love to be able to pull the data from facebook posts dynamically. On Zapier I can only see an option of creating Facebook Pages Stream Posts integration, no idea what this is but it doesn’t work for usual posts. Any ideas?

Thanks!

I’ve contacted Zapier support and it turned out I just had to create a fresh Facebook post and it worked well. Maybe a bug or there is a threshold, my latest post was like few months ago

1 Like

Hi have you found a workaround that works. I‘m looking for the same idea

Thx Toby

Hi Toby, yes you can do that with Zapier, just set Facebook as trigger and for an action set Webflow Live CMS item and it works pretty well especially for Facebook pages. But not much can be done for facebook personal pages

Hi Radmitry - I’m trying to get this to work via Zapier. It will bring in the post but when I try to put the post on a page it won’t display. Any ideas?

This is my share link
https://preview.webflow.com/preview/summerglen?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=summerglen&preview=f5d197fa65cebe598ea6746f06af7920&pageId=5df8169da748431db9d26069&mode=preview

Hi Debra,

I’ve just clicked on your preview link and I see post texts in there, but when I click on the “view on Facebook” link, it sends me to the FB page, but not a particular post. Is that what you mean? Or did you figure how to get the post texts already?

Thanks Dmitry

I wasnt’ worried about the link to facebook – I was trying to find out how to get the facebook posts to post on the website automatically (without having to publish them). It sounds like zapier has another option for an automatic post. I will look into that and see if I can get it to work. Thanks for replying back to me.

Oh sorry I misunderstood.
That’s right you should select Webflow in Zapier’s “Do this” section and then select “Create Live Item” versus just “Create Item” and it will be published automatically.
Have a great day :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Radmitry - that worked perfectly.

Hi Radmitry - I’ve just had a bug occur. My facebook feed works perfectly until someone posts a link in the facebook post. Then the facebook layout seems to be overriding my layout. Have you come across this before? Is there a way to get around it?

Hi Debra,

No I didn’t have it before, but also I’m not quite sure what do you mean by overriding the layout? The font style changes or something else?

I think you should report a bug here https://discourse.webflow.com/c/feedback/bugs/

1 Like

Thanks. I think the issue was due to pasting content into facebook and transerring formatting. I’ve fixed it by using a text content instead of rich text.