Aw, Snap! Google Chrome ran out of memory

From time to time (about once or twice per week), I encounter this error.

Everytime this happened, the bottom of chrome says “waiting on pubnub.com to load” prior to getting Aw, Snap! error.

Each time error happens within ~1-2 hours of ‘sleep wake’. Never encounted this error on fresh reboot.

I have ~7GB available when this error occurred.

I usually have two instances of webflow.com open sideby side on screen (settings|designer|editor|webpreview|inspect|etc).

Less likely to happen if I only have one tab instance of webflow open
More likely to happen when I have two or more instances of webflow tabs open

Power management is set to ‘Balanced/Dynamic’.

~6 chrome.exe Memory Hard Faults in previous 60 seconds detected prior to error. (I get hard faults all the time on DAW and Photo Video software without it crashing)

Workarounds:

1. Refresh webflow.com - usually works, error likely to happen again within 2 hours
  2. Close all programs, reopen chrome , webflow.com, error not likely to happen again within 2 hours
  3. Restart PC, log in, open chrome, webflow.com, error not likely to happen, until after sleep/wake more than 4 hours later
1 Like

Hi @miekwave,

Thanks for posting about this!

Can you please post the site Read-Only links, so that we can take a look on our end?

Also, can you please try the following:

(1) Try to reproduce the error while being logged into Webflow using Incognito mode with browser extensions turned off: Browse in private - Computer - Google Chrome Help

(2) Have you tested if this behavior also happens on Safari? Can you also please check if your browser is running the latest updates here?

(2) If the problem persists, please take a screenshot of your Console and send it to me: Chrome DevTools - Chrome Developers

Thanks in advance, and I’ll be standing by for your response.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.