Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Background Image not responsive

Section background Image not responsive:

When I view it in the “Design” Mode on the mobile or table view it works fine but when I publish it, its not making the Image in the Section Background showing up in the right way, it’s keeping it like in the desktop view.

The background image is: Centered, fixed and cover.

this problem will show up when viewed only in Iphone 5 & ipad 2 or other mobile devices not when resizing the browser screen.

Ok after doing some troubleshooting, I see that this problem is not happening only when the background image is “fixed” mode but in all the modes

So there is a bug there I think.

Ok after playing around I found out that for the background image to work right in responsive ( mobile & tablets ) you will need to upload the image in each Design View ( in Tablet & mobile view ) the image needs to be:

• Contaned
  • No repeat ( No tile )
  • Centered
  • And then you fix the hight of the contaner so you dont have a margin

This worked for me.

Thanks for reporting this bug Kiku. It’s a bug with background image cascading. We’re working on fixing it. For now click on “Image & Gradient” and clear it on Tablet and Mobile views and the image will cascade down to these devices as you’d expect.

So folks know, this issue is still occurring - I worked w/ @thewonglv from Webflow Support and we were able to produce a workaround in lieu of this preview bug. You can view my post on the newer thread related to this at Issue with fixed image backgrounds on mobile devices for further information.

Dylan // Digital Liberation

I would like to know whether this issue has been resolved or not. Just checking because I’m having the same problem today and this post is from August :frowning: so I was hoping to see a solution in here. Thanks.

@Sambatia this issue has been fixed a while ago, but there may be some sites with corrupted background images. Please email support@webflow.com and we’ll help you out.