Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Background image/section in Webflow designer not congruent with what's seen in Preview

Hello,

I was hoping I could beseech some of you wise and experienced minds to help me with a little detail; I'm also just curious why this is happening and would like to learn from my mistakes.

My hunch is that it has something to do with the background image properties I have set.

I, on my webpage, use background images to differentiate the various sections. The thing is is that from the designer view I have a Paragraph Box bleeding into the next section below it while this doesn't when viewed from the preview window or visiting the site via its public URL.

Screenshots of both views are provided.

Designer view:

Preview view:

My page is: not-another-universe.webflow.io

I'm sure I'm messing something easy up here. Thanks for any and all help in advance.

You have given your sections a fix property. the differences you see are only because of the width of the viewport. you need to remove the PX height property you gave to your sections so they can increase in size when their content overflows.

If you need more help:

Can you please share your project’s public link so it's easier to understand your issue?

Learn how to do it here: http://help.webflow.com/sharing-your-public-webflow-site-link

I see. I'll have a look and play around with the image properties some more in the designer.

I didn't realize there was also a public link previewing what's inside the designer; the screenshot/link you provided was more than helpful.

Project designer preview link:
https://preview.webflow.com/preview/not-another-universe?preview=bea02a7369d8ef0feabff536b752f073

Thank you for the help and speedy reply.

Hey,

When I remove the set pixel height I get a small band of white between sections on the bottom of the section that I removed the PX property for. So the green background with the spiderweb has a band of white at it's bottom before the next blue section with the ice.

Here's a screenshot:

This effect translates to the web preview as well.

Sorry to be a bother and thanks for the future help.

I figured out a solution to my white segments problem, changing the Display Settings from "Block" (empty box with border outline icon) to "Inline" (bordered box with ABC text inside it icon) remedied things ... I'm such a newb.

Sorry for all the posts.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.