Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Background images set as fixed jump when scrolling in Microsoft Edge

Divs with background images set as fixed jump when scrolling in Microsoft Edge. Anyone else experience this?

Hi @KProServices,

When reporting bugs, please share your published URL and public share link of your project.

This isn't a site specific issue. It is a general observation across many sites (started seeing it with webflow sites). I will create a demo to demonstrate my point or provide a screenshot.

I am currently experiencing this as well. I have taken on a client (nonwebflow site) who used another developer to build a site. He has a navbar fixed to the top of the page and a fullscreen background video as the main image. On every other browser, when I scroll down, there is no jumpiness and the fixed nav is fine. Ironically, if I remove the background video from the site the scrolling and jumping issue is gone.

That's a Microsoft Edge issue. You can track its fixing process here: https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/platform/issues/5752059/

Thank You and have seen this link already. I actually viewed the link in that article and found no stuttering at all. That site seemed fine.

I am not seeing this in Edge anymore. But still seeing it in IE 11. Anyone else?

Hi @KProServices can you post new topic specific to IE 11 so we can keep the conversations separate? (this helps others find microsoft edge specific topics)

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.