Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Background Video Issues

Hi WF - Need help pls...

(1) My background video won't display on Mobile Landscape or Portrait mode. Works just fine in Desktop and IPad mode.

(2) Anyway I can make the videos loop over again and again?

Hope to hear back soon.

M

Here is my public share link: LINK
(how to access public share link)

Mobile devices won't play videos in background, nor autoplay them. there are exception, recent support in Safari mobile on iOS10, but that's very specific and hard to support.

It's a technical limitation and there's little to do against that.

What do you mean? When a bg video works, it normally loops by default. Are you using custom code or the bg video widget?

Tnx Vincent!

First Q - I had my suspicions about mobile/video play. Thanks for confirming. Do you know if this item is marked in WF's wishlist?

Second Q - I'm not using any custom code or widget. Just the WF Background Video element. Drag'n'drop.

Another Q if you don't mind:
How can I allow my visitors to download a PDF file from our site?

Cheers,
M

It is by no means a Webflow thing. This is a decision from OS and device makers. Google, Apple. Allowing video to autoplay on devices would a e user nightmare potentially. Also, video bg are too demanding in terms of power.

So the video should loop... it doesn't?

By hosting the PDF anywhere else, on a server or dropbox, and using the link on your site. you can't at the moment have a personal CDN attached to your site on Webflow.

OK. Thanks for clarifying all Q's.
Case Closed :slight_smile:

M

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.