Background video not loading on iOS

Hi, my background video isn’t loading at all (not even visible as a static image) on iOS devices. I browsed the forum and found this suggestion Make Webflow's Background Video PLAY on iOS and Android but it didn’t solve the issue, even after I added a “playsinline” class to my bg video.

Any solutions out there?

Cheers

Here is my site Read-Only: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/portfolio-dbe333?utm_source=portfolio-dbe333&preview=d891f23cabf1122d897d4b7b1add32c6

Hi @rolomathias,

Thank you so much for letting us know you’ve been unable to view your background video playing on iOS devices.

I was able to take a look at your project, and noted that the overlay may be preventing you from viewing the video.

You may note the possible solution in the following short screencapture: Screen Recording 2019-02-05...

Hopefully, this was helpful. :bowing_man:

Hi, thank you kindly for that solution. I’ve made the changes and it works! I’d like to eventually find a solution that doesn’t require me to make compromises like that. Do you think there is some javascript code that would work? Otherwise, it’s fine for now. Thanks again @mistercreate

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.