Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Background Video positioning not working as expected

Hello,

I am attempting to bottom align my background video using the advanced position settings, although the video placement renders differently on the live site than it does in my editor.

Could someone please advise me?
Live site: http://workgreat.com
Editor (preview link): https://preview.webflow.com/preview/workgreat?preview=0bfa32f9b67503364c93e240c7cc3792

I would like the bottom of the video to be flush with the bottom of the Banner section.

Thanks,
Christopher

Hi @ctraver2

On what page should we be looking?

Thanks

Home - first pane after the Header. The laptop typing video.

Strange, didn't see it before. Now I do, I'll take a look.

The video seems to be the same in the designer as on the live site, could you send a screenshot of how you want it? It can be different on different monitors.

Also, could you elaborate on this: I would like the bottom of the video to be flush with the bottom of the Banner section.

Thanks!

Sure thing. Here's the screenshot on 3 different window sizes:

As you can see the BG video expands based on the size of the screen. My end goal, and what I mean by "I would like the bottom of the video to be flush with the bottom of the Banner section." is to have the bottom of the video always be in line with the bottom of the blue pane.

The end result will have the desk and keyboard always in view and the top of the video gets cut off more and more as you resize.

Set a VW size for the height so that the image will always be contained the same for this effect. :wink:

For the viewport size do you mean a max width or a min width? Or perhaps something else?

For the height put the number you would like in the VW measurement.

Example: Height: 20VW

Wow that works so well! Thank you @VladimirVitaliyevich.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.