Best way to apply Webflow CSS styles to Mailchimp embedded forms

Hi,

I have a site with a form that sends data to Mailchimp. I’m getting a lot of spam, I’ve tried to implement some workarounds as hiding the submit button by default and showing it with an interaction from a radio button, but it doesn’t work well and I need to add a captcha widget to the form.

As I’m not comfortable enough with coding to integrate the Google reCaptcha by myself (and no tutorial seems available with detailed operational steps), I’m thinking about embedding a Mailchimp embedded signup form with built-in reCaptcha.

The problem is that I would like to apply the styles that I have defined in Webflow to the Mailchimp embedded form so that it looks the same as the Webflow form that I have designed. Can you please let me know what is the best way to do this?

is it better to use the Mailchimp Unstyled Form which provides only the raw HTML with no CSS or JavaScript, and then editing the HTML code to add the Webflow CSS class names? Or exporting the Webflow code and importing the CSS part into Mailchimp for example?

Thank you in advance for your help

Hi @WebflowUser Have you tried using our reCAPTCHA component?

Hello, yes but I can’t use it because this is an exported site.

Hi @WebflowUser

You should still be able to integrate recaptcha after you export your site.

I also found this YT video that may help: Install Google reCAPTCHA 2.0 (3 Simple Steps) - YouTube

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. As I mentioned in my post, I had a look to Google reCaptcha integration but it seemed a bit complicated and I wasn’t comfortable enough with coding to do it without a detailed tutorial.

I tried to do it with the YouTube video that you sent but the server-side code cannot be embedded in the webpage. As the form action is a Mailchimp url I don’t see where to include the server code.

I’ve seen that this platform provides a solution to include reCaptcha on exported Webflow sites, I will check it out if no solution can be provided by Webflow support: https://jinglebell.io/#forms

2 Likes

I have the same problem, spam continues to attack even though reCAPTCHA v2 is connected. Pls help!

@Stas_Kibe - Is your spam problem on an exported site or with Webflow hosting?

@webdev No. Do you think it could be because of hosting?

You need to share at least a published link to your project if you want assistance from me. I don’t like guessing. :slight_smile:

1 Like