Best Way To Do A Simple eCommerce Component

Hey Guys,

Building a very simple website with an eCommerce component. I’m selling one item that comes in several colors. All I’m looking for is a simple form to collect basic information, and then process payments through Stripe.

I’m having a very hard time figuring out how to do this in Webflow. What are the best ways to accomplish this?

Thanks,

Quinn

Hey there @Quinn_Cosgrave,

Honestly, the best way is to use Shopify, Foxy Cart, Plasso or any ecommerce platform that has a “Buy Button” or embed button. At first it can seem a little redundant, because:

1. You create the product in the admin of the ecommerce platform.
  2. Add the product details, image, etc.
  3. Add it to the Buy Button sales channel.
  4. Select the style of button.
  5. Copy the embed code.
  6. Then back in Webflow, you can design and product page or section how you want it to look.
  7. Paste the code into an embed component, and put it inside the product page in Webflow.

That’s about it, not much easier than that. Yes, you are sort of creating it twice, but it’s really the only way if you want to sell the product inside the Webflow platform.

If you don’t want to do that, then:

Create the same steps in the ecommerce platform and set a link in Webflow to that shopping site.

Hope that helps, take care :grin:

Hi @Quinn_Cosgrave.
Josh from Foxy here. We can help you do this with Webflow’s form builder in a matter of minutes. Feel free to message me if you’re interested. We can hop on a quick phone/Skype call to walk through things.

Thanks,
Josh