Best way to get client to taste test the CMS possibility?

I’ve got a client that originally wanted his new Webflow designed site to be pushed onto wordpress, I’ve held off on this as I hoped the CMS would be coming down the pipeline, thankfully its out now.

How do I go about?

1. Giving the client the taste test of what is possible? He knows I’m using webflow, so I don’t need to try to hide this fact

2. What package / pricing options do I have? I’m guessing I will go with the option that is …

CMS Custom Domain Hosting is dropping to $10/mo per site for anyone that has a Webflow subscription. Similar to basic hosting, it’s completely free if you don’t need a custom domain.

he has his own www.domainName.com & I’m guessing I just need to give him an IP address to reMap too, or something he can do in his goDaddy control panel / dashboard?

1. How could this ‘taste test’ trial go. I’m hoping that within a day or two of getting into the Webflow CMS, the client will fall in love with it and say, wordpress want no more :wink:

2. I’m still a bit unclear as to how the structure of the webflow designer ( = me ) to Webflow CMS customer ( = my client who will be using the webflow CMS capabilites ) will play out with accounts, pricing and who owns what.
    In a perfect world, I’d like to still have the capability to get in and change the design (as the client isn’t tech savvy and this allows me to still get client work when new stuff needs done) but give the site to him to make changes. For him, he may want to know that at no time at all can I just kill the site, so its almost like I transfer the ownership of the project to his account, and he then grants me editing privileges, make sense?

thanks for your help
Ryan

How could this ‘taste test’ trial go. I’m hoping that within a day or two of getting into the Webflow CMS, the client will fall in love with it and say, wordpress want no more :wink:

We’ll be implementing a trial for the CMS soon!

I’m still a bit unclear as to how the structure of the webflow designer ( = me ) to Webflow CMS customer ( = my client who will be using the webflow CMS capabilites ) will play out with accounts, pricing and who owns what.
In a perfect world, I’d like to still have the capability to get in and change the design (as the client isn’t tech savvy and this allows me to still get client work when new stuff needs done) but give the site to him to make changes. For him, he may want to know that at no time at all can I just kill the site, so its almost like I transfer the ownership of the project to his account, and he then grants me editing privileges, make sense?

The way it works is the designer keeps the site on his account. The designer can access the Webflow Designer and the client can access the Webflow CMS. Any changes made in the designer will reflect in the CMS when refreshed so the client can view changes before publishing. We’re working on managed billing which will allow you to charge your client’s credit card from your account.

5 Likes

That managed billing would be a very appreciated feature. Really glad to hear that is in the pipeline, top marks team! :smile:

1 Like

Thanks Sergie

So as of now, would I just go ahead and spend the $10 for month one for a CMS site? and then just get him to create a free account and then invite him in as a CMS editor ?

Just looking for next steps to get my client onboard as soon as possible, thanks

The client doesn’t need a Webflow account to be a content editor. Just add his email address and he will receive an email with instructions on how to create a free CMS account.

3 Likes

@thesergie Managed billing along with the upcoming white-label will be SO awesome. I hope that we are able to set whatever price we want to our customers.

2 Likes

Yep that’s the idea!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.