Best way to hide elements while in design view that are hidden unless animated in later?

I have a few elements that are hidden unless triggered on my page, but they clutter up the design view and make it hard to work. Is there a way to make all of those ‘hidden’ while working, without changing their display to none (which would require remembering to remove that each time I preview the site).

Thanks!

You can always select them and make it display: none and within animation make them display: block first. :wink:

1 Like

Yeah, that’s what I ended up doing. Would be cool if there was a little “hide” toggle icon in design view though. It’s a little cumbersome to have to find the hidden element when you want to edit it. But it’s not that big of a deal, I just like throwing ideas out there since Webflow is actively growing!

1 Like

I have been told that very soon it’s possible to show/hide elements in the Navigator. :wink:
I’m having the same problem - My solution for now is the same as yours… Set it to display none when you don’t use it!

Yeah guys we’ll be revamping out navigator so that you can see what’s hidden on the page and make it easier to use overall.

3 Likes

Is there a better answer to this problem, by chance? I am looking at the Navigator and I do not see anything that resembles a hide/show from a designer perspective. It would be nice to easily hide elements that have a higher z-index so I can poke around with elements below it (such as changing text in an h1, for instance).

+1 on this please! @webflow

2 Likes

I just started working with webflow and have the very same problem. I can’t figure out how to edit additional sections in my slider or edit things that are behind my contact popup footer.
Here’s my URL.
Thanks in advance!

Hi @PeteTheVolcano, thanks for your comment! Could you help to reshare the link, it did not make it: Share a read-only link | Webflow University

Thanks in advance!

Followed the instructions and here’s the link… thanks for taking a look.

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/tnl-supafly?preview=0433592939aea53f5372e5bbb528f4b6

Hi @PeteTheVolcano, thanks a lot for the link :slight_smile: I made a quick video, does this help?

1 Like