First a disclaimer:
I'm pretty new to web design and was hoping to get some "big picture" help before I really dive into building my site. Despite my inexperience, I come from a photoshop and video editing background, so I felt like Webflow would be the best tool for me.
I'm looking to build a basic web store where I will be selling physical products (jewelry). Ultimately, I'll integrate and embed shopify buttons onto my product pages but I first need to plan the best way to lay out my items.
My general plan:
- I'd like to have a main "Shop" page where all the items will be laid out in a grid (3 items per row).
- We'll be selling rings, necklaces, and earrings, so it would be great to have a link for each category that when clicked shows only that category, or at the very least, takes you to another product page for that category.
- When you click on an item, it will bring you to an "Item" page with more details, pictures, etc, and the Buy button.
Where I'm stuck:
- I don't know if I should make use of dynamic lists or not. It seems like it could be the best way to go but I'm undecided. I started experimenting with it off a template and don't like how I can't adjust the positioning of one image thumbnail without it affecting all the others.
- It's very important for our jewelry items to appear in this grid with the proper scale relative to the other items. We have some rings for instance that are taller than others and want that to be reflected on the main shop page. Is there a best practice with respect to width/height dimensions for saving the images from photoshop?
- Without using dynamic lists and simply putting the thumbnails into columns and link blocks, I can at least adjust the image size and spacing of each ring. (each ring is on a clean white background that blends into the white background of the website)
- In theory, dynamic lists seem like it would be the easiest way to move forward since it would make it so much easier when he add new items.
- Finally, I'm not 100% sure if I want to have each item page to be the same as all the others. I might want them to be completely different. Will using dynamic lists prevent me from doing that?
Once again, I'm new to this so please let me know if I'm way off the mark and if there's a better approach to take with a site like this.
Thanks in advance!