Hi all - thanks for trying out the Audit panel in beta. Please leave comments below if you discover any issues, have any questions, or need help in any way. We’ve also got a survey you can take to provide overall feedback.
Today’s beta release is just the first iteration of the Audit panel. In the coming months, we’ll be making steady updates about what audits are covered and how to perform these checks, including:
- Better in-product guidance. We’ll be adding a modal per audit type that provides additional context on each and provides guidance on how to resolve them.
- Dismiss audits you want to ignore. Hide audits that you don’t plan to resolve or that aren’t necessary to fix for your project.
- Support for more audits. We’re planning to add more audits to the future like text contrast, site language settings, and more.
Consolidated canvas settings
As part of this update, we’ve also consolidated some canvas display controls from the bottom left side of the Designer into the canvas settings dropdown at the top (alongside controls to change the size of the actual canvas).
The controls we’re moving are:
- X-ray mode (Cmd/Ctrl + Shift + X)
- Hide and show element edges (Cmd/Ctrl + Shift + E)
- Hide and show empty elements (Cmd/Ctrl + Shift + M)
- Grid overlays (Cmd/Ctrl + Shift + G)
You can still access these controls quickly with the keyboard shortcuts listed above.