Blog capabilities with Webflow?

For now, i tried implementing a full BLOGGER blog into my webflow website, it’s not easy…
there are already some bugs on blogger so combining it with code is awful!

http://mordi-levi.webflow.com/blog

when you click on a post the url doesn’t change, so obviously there will be a problem sharing it and adding facebook and twitter share buttons.

I would LOVE webflow to come up with a good blogging solution! There are only a few minor setbacks preventing me from going all-webflow and no-wix on you guys and that’s one of them :smile:

1 Like

Hi @Mordi_Levi, thanks for sharing this, that is a good way to implement a blog in your Webflow site. In the meantime also, until those kinds of CMS like updates are implemented to Webflow, you can also try out Tumbler which allow for full embedding of blogs. You can also setup a redirection in Tumblr, so any visitors to your Tumblr blog get automatically redirected to your Webflow site blog page.

There may be other solutions also that can be used, that can integrate nicely with Webflow designed (and hosted sites), or you can create your blog as static posts as @callmevlad mentioned earlier in the post.

We hear you on the CMS features, there will be announcements for this kind of functionality related to CMS features, in future updates. Cheers !

4 Likes

Any updates of the Blog/CMS features?

1 Like

Guys, I am not a programmer at all, that’s why I fall in love with Webflow.
I don’t know how many months it will take to webflow developers to implement a blog feature, but I would like to get it as soon as possible. I want to make design with webydo and to give a possibility for clients to create blog posts by themselves, without my help.

Please, if somebody already had success in making blog with web flow with 3rd party tools(ultimatetheme, psdtohtml, ghost or whatever) make a detailed tutorial or provide an ultimate solution.

I hope that I am not the only one, who has such situation.

@cyberdave it may be too early to be able to tell, but any idea when the cms and blog features are done if they will be able to be utilized on sites that are exported… Some clients sites of mine require to be exported, and it would be a shame if they couldn’t make use of the cms and blog features because of that.

1 Like

I once bought a HTML template with JS animations an parallax on Envato, made it look like a blog (homepage, one list page, one full post page, one archive page, one search result page) then gave it to PSD2HTML.com with the order to build a Wordpress template with it. They did so, very well executed. It costed close to 500 dollars but I had all the options checked.

I’m sure they can do a perfect WP site for your clients with your Webflow templates. And it costs nothing to ask them upfront if they can. They can do a Drupal site too…

We’re talking about non existent things here but chances are that if any CMS feature comes to Webflow, they won’t be part of the site you export, but part of Webflow. Your client will maybe need a Webflow account to handle his content.

Unless a super simple to handle blog feature is released, with an inline content edition/creation, I don’t see what will be the benefits of creating a super complicated structure that can be exported like this. It’s a whole other world, you can’t expect to just drop files on a FTP and be able to manage content in a database. Database installation, rights to access and write on files… yep, a totally other world.

Unless all of this is magically possible with JS… I wouldn’t be so surprised after all.

@jaidenraleach, it is hard to say that when the backend features etc are ready, if those will be made available for non-Webflow hosted sites that have been exported. Nothing is set in stone though… We do have a lot of people who export sites, but still use Webflow to capture form submissions etc… but generally speaking, those kinds of features likely will be features for sites using Webflow hosting… We want you to host your site in Webflow :smile: We cannot say what all features will be yet, but input from the Webflow community is a huge driver, so thanks for your input on that.

1 Like

Component sharing is a great idea. I’m sure soon there will be a components or elements gallery with presets where you could just insert premade elements into your page.

Eugene, I think the ultimate solution for the moment is embedding a Tumblr site, as cyberdave suggested above. Tumblr is free and very easy to use.

Once Webflow gets CMS capabilities it will be the ultimate web service! Can’t wait for it, either. Right now I’m already using it with manual pages as a sort of CMS, hoping to get the upgrade soon. We are happy to pay for an account and hosting for all the benefits Webflow provides. Any hint on how long we should still wait would be very much appreciated!

1 Like

I’ve suggested it before but I just want to contribute and help as I tried to take Webflow to different cms. Pulsecms is one of easiest cms solutions I tried, and if it is only a blog you want to and its even easier. Just have one page where your blog is gonna be and paste one of the Pulsecms tags there. Now you have a blog page that are easy managed through a admin interface and its nicely prestyled. Its a little more to it but I think its one of the easiest cms I tried. You can download for free and test it locally.

Pusecms

1 Like

Just tried it, it’s really dead simple… And responsive. Do you have an example of integration ?

No I don’t really. Just played around with it locally.

IMO, if you were to use tumbler that would lead you get penalized for using duplicate content by the google search engine. two possible outcomes that would benefit many of us …

1. For Webflow to work together with outside cms vendor to make a cms integration tool for (wordpress, ghost, squarepress, modx, jekyll, statamic, kirby …) or

2. Inhouse development of Webflow blog tool [please feel free to use the phrase weblog or webloot ;)]

1 Like

I actually had the same thoughts. What if Webflow made it possible to export a WP-theme for a example. I know the themes could be quite complex but a basic one with the header, footer, sidebar, single.php, index and few more. Or…, I’m getting ideas as I writing =), what if the export is in parts that most of the cms’s want. Inside the designer you choose which parts gonna be header, footer, sidebar, nav, content. You can already do that today but in export you choose if you want them in separate files and index uses php include them. Sort of a pro export to use it in a cms.

Yup totally get that @cyberdave @vincent
I’ve done plenty of drupal and WordPress in my life so I’m aware it’s quite a sticky process to setup an actual database, php and everything. Would just be neat (: most sites will likely have Webflow hosting for my clients anyways i was mainly thinking of ones that currently only pay $1 a month for hosting and domain that are hosted through hostica right now. Might be a tougher sell to get em to switch for a 500% increase in price per month :wink:
Way to go again guys on all the hard work.

If anybody missed it, this is what Vlad told Forbes about CMS features back in May:

“For the rest of 2014, we’re focusing all of our attention on moving Webflow past being a static website builder, and into the much more interesting world of dynamic content. That involves working on a completely reimagined content management system, something that we think will change the way most future websites will be created. We’re not ready to reveal many details about this project yet, but it’s something that has to be seen to be believed”.

Great article, btw. Webflow Lets Designers Create Websites Without Learning to Code

It would be great if user roles were introduced, so that you could give access to content editors for example. It would be great to enable collaborators in Personal and Pro, too. The team plan can be expensive for small teams. Once a dynamic CMS, Webflow will be the ultimate platform, and I’m sure your business will be in volume, as people will be attracted massively, allowing for prices to go down.

4 Likes

hello all. i have looked around for the latest update on blogging capabilities and not sure if this is it. is there a release timeline? thanks!

There have been no news or announcement about the CMS things yet.

Dear Santa,

Could I please have blogging and content management in Webflow for christmas?

Best,
Kain

12 Likes