I think the reason for that is you need to have an individual text block for each category, so it’s only allowing you to pull the data from a ‘single’ reference field rather than ‘multi’.
If it were able to pull the name of each multi ref item into one text block - I guess there would be issues with how to separate the text data - spaces, commas, also which order etc.
Here’s how to get this working:
- Instead of using the ‘static’ blog page that you have created, use the purple ‘Blog Post Template’ page. This creates a new page for each blog post based on your styling.
- Place those items (copy/paste) into this ‘template’ page but NOT part of a collection list
- Where you want to display the multiple categories - do use a collection list here
- Connect it to Blog posts, drop in a text element, connect the text element to the Multi ref
- With a little styling work you have a multi-list of categories for that specific blog post
Hope that’s useful?