Body Outline is Misaligned in Designer

Over the past day or so, the Body frame has been showing misaligned in all of my projects. It doesn’t seem to affect the live site, but it is weird to work with.

Here’s a video of it across three different projects: https://www.useloom.com/share/98aa8d49cb2845dfb7762977061e9cd4

The third one was created from scratch to see if it was my projects or something on the platform.

Here is my site Read-Only: LINK
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

I looked at your read only link and it doesn’t look like what you show in your video:

CloudApp

Sorry! Forgot to say, it’s a mobile only layout (it’s built for a Word Add-In which can’t be wider). Here’s two others:

1. Another version of the above website (mobile only as well): https://preview.webflow.com/preview/perrla-for-word?preview=d54d016170dcab9ffda34ee1da2586eb
    2: Webflow - Mane Tamers

I have also cleared all my browser cache, cookies, & app data. I’m using the latest version of Chrome (Version 68.0.3440.75 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Hi. I have discovered the same problem in ALL of my Webflow projects this morning and have identified the culprit. It’s the latest update to Chrome (Version 68.0.3440.75 on the Mac). Yesterday I noticed the body offset problem when I moved from my iMac, running Chrome 67, to my MacBook which was running Chrome 68. This morning I (stupidly!) updated to Chrome 68 on the iMac and voila, body misalignment issues. Darn it. Pic attached shows the issue for anyone interested.

1 Like

I can confirm this is definitely a bug. I was running Chrome 67 with no problems at all. I upgraded to Chrome 68, the offset showed up. Just wanted to validate that this is a real issue. Thanks.

Hi @flowpros @mykigs @graysenpack

Thanks again for posting about this. This is definitely an issue that came about from the new Chrome 68 update as @mykigs pointed out.

Our team is currently investigating this at high priority and hoping to have it resolved soon.

I’ll be sure to keep you all up to date as we make progress here. ​Thanks in advance for your patience!

1 Like

The body element in designer mode seems to be out of place, I’ve checked my other sites and it’s the same. Some sites have no classes added to the body.

Share link for my own website (same body issue) https://preview.webflow.com/preview/ns89?preview=1a5b1effe9fdde833dbea1b47427e4b2

Here is my site Read-Only: LINK
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

Oh snap – Happy Cake Day @nwdsha :cake: :tada:

I’ve merged your body misaligned post into this existing one :slight_smile:

I can confirm that this happened after updating to Chrome 68 @Brando.

1 Like

Hi @nwdsha @flowpros @mykigs @graysenpack

Thank you again for reaching out about the body outline issue.

​Our team was able to isolate the root cause of the issue and we’ve pushed a fix for this. It may still take some time for the new build to fully deploy, but the issue should be resolved this afternoon.

Can you please let me know if the issue is resolved on your end? If you still see this issue tomorrow, please let us know and we’ll reinvestigate this.

​Thanks in advance!

Hi Brando,

Unfortunately I’m going to be away from my Mac all day tomorrow (Friday 27th July), but as soon as I get an opportunity to test, I’ll let you know the result.

Thanks for your super swift attention to the problem.

Mike Higgs (@mykigs)

t: 07973 425949
e: mikehiggs@mac.com

www.mikehiggs.co.uk

1 Like

@Brando,

Working on my Mac :raised_hands:t2:

Thanks for you & the team’s work on this!

Graysen

1 Like

Any reason why the body is showing offset from the screen in designer? See screenshot. I can’t see any margins or padding that would cause this, and the outlines don’t seem to match up to the actual divs that are inside of them.

Here is my site Read-Only: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/milkywaysite?preview=ea0095143001b03d2e5ced6ac95055af

We’ve already pushed a fix for this. Is this issue still happening on your end?

@Brando It’s working perfectly on my end.

Give my thanks to the tech team for the speedy fix :clap:

1 Like

Working great. Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks so much for the updates everyone — happy to hear it’s resolved! :smile: :tada:

Hi Brando,

I’m certain you’ll have had this confirmed well before now, but as promised I can also confirm that the Body misalignment issue in Chrome 68 has been resolved - thanks to you and the team for addressing this issue so promptly. Here’s to Chrome 69!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.