Bold/italic/span/link elements move to end of text when copy+pasting

Example: When making a copy, all the bolded text is moved to the end of the copied element.

1 Like

Thanks for bringing this to our attention @samliew! I see the same behavior too:

Looking into it now - will report back soon!

In the meantime, can you please update your post to include your environment info? (machine, os, and browser)

Also, can you please try the following:
(1) Try to reproduce the error while being logged into Webflow using Incognito mode: Browse in private - Computer - Google Chrome Help
(2) If the problem persists, please take a screenshot of your Console and send it to me: Chrome DevTools - Chrome for Developers

Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

Do note that this will affect not just bold text, but also italics, links, and span tags.

Rich Text block is working normally. This seems to affect everything else that contains text.

Proof: Bug Report on 6 Aug 2016

I’m running Windows 10, Chome 52.0.2743.116 m, happens also in incognito with no extensions.

No JS errors in console.

2 Likes

I’ve got the same problem - almost impossible to work on my project :frowning:

Also Chrome/WIN 10

@samliew @andres @thewonglv We’ve pushed a fix for this bug a few minutes ago, and it should be fixed if you refresh your browser. Can you please let us know if you’re still seeing it? Thanks for reporting it, and our apologies for letting this bug slip through the cracks.

1 Like

Yes, it works again! Great, thanks!

There is a still very minor flow that was there earlier as well - too minor to report it I thought and I hoped it to disappear now.
I have a text that looks as below:

I copy it and everything is fine. But then let me do some minor editing (i.e. I remove leter ‘l’) and see what happens:

The style of the link (even though I did no touch it) disappeared. Before even the link disappeared, now (after the update) the link stays but the style is gone.

1 Like

When I undo the last change in the example above, the ‘l’ comes back, but the style on the link does not.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.