Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Broken links: "This is not the page you were looking for..."

Hi,

I’ve recently duplicated my site. If I go into Preview Mode and click on a CMS based card, it takes me to the black 404 page that reads “This is not the page you were looking for…”. It also doesn’t work when I publish it. It is working on the previous site version. I’ve made a lot of changes since then and I really don’t want to go back to the previous one.

Here is the video of the problem: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wul31h33i6b92jw/webflow_wtf.mov?dl=0
We want to release this new product site this week and this bug doesn’t let me to do my work. Please help.

I’m aware that this problem was previously posted here: Links in Preview Mode always broken: “This is not the page you were looking for...” , but it has been closed and it seems it hasn’t really been fixed.

Hey @CreativeSultan!

Can you hit me up with your website share link? Here’s video how to do that: https://university.webflow.com/article/sharing-your-sites-read-only-link.

Cheers,
Bart

Hey,

So the solution is to reset the linking.

But first you have to link to somewhere else (I’ve used an external url), save it, then set it again by linking to the CMS page and it will work. If you don’t link it to somewhere else first it’s not going to reset it.
So be careful with the project duplication or you’ll loose your CMS linkings.

That’s still not the way it should work. Can you send me (in a DM if you don’t want to share publicly) the url of your project that you duplicated? We’d like to investigate this issue further.

Cheers,
Bart

Hi @CreativeSultan

Thanks again for posting about this! It sounds like you were able to find a workaround, but I wanted to let you know our team pushed an update that should prevent this issue from happening again! :slight_smile:

Let us know if you see any other odd behavior.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.