Bug - Somewhere Between Spring MVC and Webflow

Hi folks,

I am new to Webflow development.
I bought a course describing techniques for using Webflow, but I can’t run the sample.

On my side, I have pieces of code described like:

RedirectStrategy redirectStrategy = new DefaultRedirectStrategy();
redirectStrategy.sendRedirect(request, response, "/bankFlow?role=User&user=Mauricio");

As flow registry, I have:

<flow:flow-registry id="bankFlowRegistry">
	<flow:flow-location id="bankFlow" path="bank-flow.xml"></flow:flow-location>
</flow:flow-registry>

I also have pieces like:

<action-state id="begin">
  	<evaluate expression="requestParameters.role=='Administrator'?'yes':'no'" />
  	<transition on="yes" to="showAccounts">
  		<set name="flowScope.user" value="requestParameters.user" />
  	</transition>
  	<transition on="no" to="accountDetails">
  	</transition>
  </action-state>

<view-state id="accountDetails" view="/WEB-INF/Views/findAccount.jsp">
  </view-state>

<view-state id="showAccounts" view="/WEB-INF/Views/listAccounts.jsp">
  	<on-render>
  		<evaluate expression="accountService.getAccounts()"
  				result="requestScope.accounts" />
  		<set name="requestScope.userName" value="flowScope.user" />
  	</on-render>
  </view-state>

But, sadly all my tries to redirect from a Spring controller to a flow (ex: “bankFlow”), I got the error below:

org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.support.DefaultHandlerExceptionResolver handleTypeMismatch
WARNING: Failed to bind request element: org.springframework.web.method.annotation.MethodArgumentTypeMismatchException: Failed to convert value of type ‘java.lang.String’ to required type ‘java.lang.Integer’; nested exception is java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: “bankFlow”.

Please, if someone has experience with this error or can help me in any way, please contact me.

Kind regards,
Mauricio.

Hi @MauricioGP - Welcome to the Webflow forums. Sorry we can’t help you solve your issue. It’s not related to this product. You might have Webflow confused with another product. Good luck on your hunt.

Ok, no problem.

Kind regards,
Mauricio.

Unless you are trying to use the spring MVC to connect and work with the Webflow API. → https://developers.webflow.com, which is totally doable. Just did not look like that was what you wanted. I am I wrong?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.