[Resolved] Buggy behavior in the Designer

Hi! Guys, I don’t know what’s happening under the hood right now, but it becomes buggy!

Two month ago everything was just fine, but after you announced a new canvas, it starts to behave absolutely unpredictably. (PS I’m not using it right now)

Sometimes, suddenly, grey borders appears, like DIV is not having width and height, and I have to hard-reload a page.

Now when I’m trying to change bg position, it’s just freezing. Here is a short video:

Actually I find how to ‘fix’ it, maybe it helps you to investigate bug:

If I click ‘Preset’ arrow AGAIN, BEFORE dragging precision sliders, then it works fine.

HI @arsln

Thanks for posting this and providing that video, this definitely looks like odd behavior.

What sites are you seeing this issue occur in? When did it start occurring? Can you send me the site Read-Only links please?

Can you please try the following:
(1) Try to reproduce the error while being logged into Webflow using Incognito mode with browser extensions turned off: Browse in private - Computer - Google Chrome Help
(2) If the problem persists, please take a screenshot of your Console and send it to me: Chrome DevTools - Chrome Developers

Could you please let me know what browser version you’re using by sending me your information from this page?

There should be a small share link when you visit the page which you can send to me.

Thanks in advance!

Hi! This is the link to the project: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/au7um-masterclass?preview=a77af5e906ff477002d0156a29e252b3

I use Safari 10.1.2, the same bug — when I tried to change bg position adjust in tablet mode, it freezes.
So, I installed clean Chrome 60.0.3112.113, no extensions, no plugins — the same behaviour.

This is like the console looks after reproducing the bug (see 258 errors? and it’s counting, every time I move the cursor, like now almost 400 errors, same error)

PS In incognito mode all the same, no differences.

1 Like

Thanks so much for sharing that extra information.

I have reported this to the team and we are investigating this now.

I will post back here as soon as I have more information.

I’m currently having this very same issue, if the team needs another case to look into it just let me know. It completely freezes the designer interface; only thing changeable are numeric fields, but the values don’t get saved nor get reflected on the page.

This has been happening for at least 3/4 weeks and the only fix is to reload the entire designer.

Hi @Excess

Yes if you could share your site’s Read-Only link I will share it with the team on my initial report!

​Thanks in advance and we hope to have this resolved soon!

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/birdingushuaia?preview=bc43d563045b8fb004dce40ea0674813

You can reproduce the issue when trying to adjust the background image position of the nav-bar’s “Tours” button when on :hover state.

Thanks for sharing this @Excess

I’ll post back here as soon as I have more info!

Hi @arsln @Excess

We just pushed a fix for the issue with positioning background images. Can you please hard refresh the designer and test again to see if the issue is resolved on your end?

Kindest regards,
Anna

2 Likes

YAAAAAY! It works!

@annakelian you are the best.

Thanks a bunch for looking into it and fixing it so fast.

You guys/gals rock.

\w/(O_o)\w/

2 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Designer freezes when setting Background gradient