Build advanced real estate portfolio website

Hi there. I am an entrepreneur.

I came across webflow while looking for website templates for my project.

I am trying to build a real estate portfolio website (with minimum cost) and tried outsourcing it with very disappointing results. (The developer suggested using available real estate templates to minimize cost but the templates available have limitations). He then suggested deigning a website from scratch but that would incur a cost I am not ready to pay now.

I am looking to build something like zillow, Trulia, Zoopla or rightmove. (Not necessarily the full functionalities initially, but the most important for me is to be able to display multiple properties on a map and be able to search the database based on certain criteria).

My questions are the following:

1. Can I used webflow to build my website? Will it be able to handle things like multiple properties listing on the map?
  2. What limitations will I face down the road if any?
  3. Can I add any type of APIs?
  4. If I start with webflow and then require to involve a developer for the next stage once I need more functionalities, will the developer be able to take the code and then add to it? my developer intended to use .net language and sql database.

Hi @has :smiley:

Welcome to the community! These are great questions.

1. You can build a CMS powered site but member pages, password protection pages and folders, and other CMS powered interactions (not animations), aren’t built into Webflow (yet).

2. You’ll be able to build out the full templates of your site with animations, responsiveness, and dynamic data. But, just like I mentioned in #1, you cannot build a full-on web app.

3. Not at the moment. But, if there is a third-party solution that provides a code snippet, you can add that to your Webflow site in two ways. Here are two docs to help:

http://help.webflow.com/faq/how-to-use-the-embed-widget-to-add-custom-code-to-a-webpage

1. Yes, you can export your project using the Export tool. Your developer will be able to manipulate that code then host it else where. Please note, you cannot import the code back into Webflow. For more information on this, please refer to this article: http://help.webflow.com/features/exporting

Hope this helps! :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks for the info. will surely look in more details at webflow and will discuss it with my developer.

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.