Building a Web App With Webflow

Hey fellow Webflowers, looking for feedback as I build

Just wanted to share this link:
http://kill-the-bill.webflow.io (The Web App Currently In Progress) (Front-End Only)

Link to current site (Dev in progress): KillTheBill.com

Overview:
This is a Web App site for North Carolina I am in the process of finishing. I’ll be posting development progress to this link along the way. Note that Currently as of posting there are a lot of missing functionalities.

The website’s goal is to make Legislature & Bills easier to Track and Understand in North Carolina. The current start to launch time will be close to 25 days thanks to Webflow.

The Front-End is complete and was designed completely in Webflow to make the templates. We simply exported the front-end code and then are currently building the back-end.

The Back-end is currently being developed using Angular 4 and PHP/Rest API , Webflow is being used just to create templates and then the templates are merged with the angular 4 framework.

I’d love to hear what you all think! It’s exciting to be able to build powerful websites while utilizing Webflow.
I’ll post back on here once we have a polished launch.

If anyone needs help with Web Apps/Complex Sites or has any questions let me know.
I’d be happy to help!

Thank you for viewing!

• Scott Van Zandt
5 Likes

Hi Scott, your site looks great I hope I will be able to do like it soon as I am learning now.
I am new to web designing but the Back-end can not be done using webflow? I feel that my question is silly :blush: but I asked anyway :sweat_smile:

I want to build a form building website like typeform or surveymonkey can it be done completely by webflow or I need some other programs.

If you want to build one (typeform or surveymonkey) what are the programs that you will use and for what? I am trying to understand the process as I am an architectural engineer and know nothing about web design until one week ago I have been introduced to webflow :speak_no_evil:

Thank You

1 Like

For this site’s complex functionality, custom paid membership functionality, etc it made the most sense to export the front-end code in webflow and migrate to a custom built back-end. @abommuaa

@abommuaa did you get my pm?

Also here is the Front-end Webflow Link: http://kill-the-bill.webflow.io/

(No Longer Active)
Active Front-End Is merged with back-end on the dev link: http://35.164.88.7:9834/killthebill/#

I have a question regarding the search on the site. I’m very new at this so my question is really basic.

I notice that there is the ability to search for senators/representatives. Is that something that can be done using only webflow if hosted elsewhere? What are the options for adding search to a site made in webflow but not hosted by webflow?

@SSLM

You’re question:

I notice that there is the ability to search for senators/representatives. Is that something that can be done using only webflow if hosted elsewhere? What are the options for adding search to a site made in webflow but not hosted by webflow?

My Answer:

Webflow is working on a built-in search solution, I’m not sure how that will effect this answer… but It may be a little while before it’s released.

I know one specific solution using only webflow + hosted results elsewhere would be Algolia. Now the problem with Algolia is that re-indexing a site means uploading your database, etc… which is not happening with Webflow easily.

The options for adding search to a site made in webflow but not hosted by webflow are pretty endless.
Essentially the options would then be the same as building a website from scratch, the search integrations would be up to you. Either 3rd party or something you’ve built custom.

Algolia,
Swiftype, or a Custom Code Built Solution are a few off the top of my head I’ve used to for sites that are designed in webflow but then built-out using Angular 4, etc…

Thank youfor the reply @Scott_Van_Zandt .

I am hoping that the built-in search from Webflow in the future will be able to work on an exported site. That would be great!

1 Like

Yes that would be interesting :slight_smile: