Business Directory + Memberpage and Profile Manager

Hello dear community,

I’m looking for a solution that allows visitors of the website to register first and then create their company within their account, which will then be displayed in the company directory. Within the profile page the company can be edited and it should be possible to preview the result. Users who come to the site do not need to be logged in to see the companies. Additional features like rating, watchlist and company to claim for themselves would be great! Thanks for your help!

Example how it should work: www.startbase.de

This would best be achieved with a Webflow CMS collection for the company profiles + a Memberstack login for the company administrators.

Don’t quote me on this but I think you could setup a Membership option via Memberstack and have a form in each member’s private profile that relays data (via zapier) to the Webflow CMS collection item. So they could create and update their company listing.

Not sure how you’d let users preview the item before it’s live though. Maybe the Memberstack boys could help. They have an active slack channel and are very responsive.

Integromat might help automate some of the form submissions, but I’m not sure if that’s necessary. I’m trying to see how to build a purchase history page for each member using Memberstack and Webflow CMS/e-commerce.

You may have already come up with a solution, but on the off chance that you (or anyone else looking to do this) haven’t, here’s a way to do it.

Using Webflow, MemberStack, Zapier, and possibly Airtable (depending on your setup) you can:

1. Register users
  2. Allow only registered users to create a company profile
  3. Have this displayed to either everyone publicly (non-logged in as well as logged in alike) or…
  4. Have this only displayed to logged in users
  5. Only the registered user who created the company profile may edit it

Everything listed above is covered in one of my screencasts. My walkthrough is with an authenticated commenting system, but it’s easily repurposed for your needs:

Additional features like rating, watchlist and company to claim for themselves would be great!

Totally doable, but i don’t directly cover them in the screencast linked above. That said, if you get creative it’ll show you the fundamentals of how to wire those two things up and get’em working :smile: