Button style not carrying over to new pages?

Hi all!

So far, loving webflow! I’ve been playing around with it for the past week. I’m pretty familiar with HTML and CSS so I’m not new to that, but maybe I’m doing something wrong because when I try to apply a button style on a new page, it doesn’t carry over.

For a test, I put a button with the selector “button-new” on my about page. Initially, I set the style to background color grey. When I change it on the about page to purple, save the page, and go to the homepage, the button with the same “button-new” selector is still grey.

What am I missing?

Here’s a quick 20-second screencast showing what’s up: https://www.screencast.com/t/hfGrb4bapSp

Thank you!

Thanks for the brilliant self explained video.

Your second button, on the second page, has the CURRENT class on top of the new button class. And the gray color is blue so it means the gray color applies to CURRENT state.

Click on the blue icon in font of color and delete the style and the button should be purple. Now style the CURRENT state accordingly.

1 Like

Well what can I say vincent. You’re the man. Thank you. So glad it was such an easy fix! :wink:

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.