Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Calculator coding

this is a code I have for a Wh to mAh calculator, works great exactly how I want it but it's blocking all the other elements on my webflow page please help!!1

Convert Watt hours to mAh
  <div>
    <span>Insert Watts-hour (Wh) and voltage (V) and click on Calculate to obtain milliamp-hours (mAh).</span>
  </div>
  <div>
    <div class="divinput">
      <input id="watts2" name="Wh" size="8"> <span class="units">Wh</span>
    </div>
    <div class="divinput">
      <input id="volts2" name="V" size="8"> <span class="units">V</span>
    </div>
    <div class="divinput">
      <input onclick="convert2()" type="submit" value="Calculate">
    </div>
    <div class="divinput">
      <input id="mAh2" name="mAh" size="8"> <span class="units">mAh</span>
    </div>
  </div>
  <div>
    <span>1 kilowatt hour = 1000 watt hour, therefore the formula is (Wh)*1000/(V) =(mAh).</span> <span>For example, if you have a 1.5Wh battery rated at 5V, the power is 1.5Wh * 1000 / 5V = 300mAh. The battery rating will determine how many batteries are needed once the mAh is calculated.</span>
  </div>

function convert() {
  a = document.getElementById("mAh").value, 
  b = document.getElementById("volts").value, 
  c = a * b / 1e3, 
  document.getElementById("watts").value = c
}

function convert2() {
  a = document.getElementById("watts2").value, 
  b = document.getElementById("volts2").value, 
  c = 1e3 * a / b, 
  document.getElementById("mAh2").value = c
}

Your question is very unclear. How is it blocking all the other elements on your Webflow page?

I've updated the original post as user pasted in html which was simply converted by forum directly to text only :slight_smile:

@Tanya_Chin can you link us to the Webflow project where you are using this code? We'd like to help, but we don't know what you exactly meant :frowning:

Btw, you can't add onClick attribute, so you can do that either with Embed function https://help.webflow.com/article/how-to-use-the-embed-widget-to-add-custom-code-to-a-webpage or use some jQuery

$('input[type=submit].divinput').click(function () { ... });

here to run this onClick.

Thank you, i was able to finally fix the bug in the code and get it fixed, really appreciate the feedback :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.