Can I show the number of items in a dynamic list?

I want to show a popup with all the messages in a dynamic list (sometimes 1, 2 or even 3 messages, sometimes no messages at all, …).

On the image link to open this popup I want to show how many messages are available (and even hide the link if there are no messages ?).

Can I get the number of messages (= the number of items in a dynamic list) automaticaly ?

Hi, no, not at the moment.

It goes with a few features commonly asked for such as a way to manually sort collections items, or have a pager element.

I’m going to add a note to this feature request: Custom order for Collection Items | Webflow Wishlist and you can join and vote for it. Or add a totally new feature request if you feel like it.

I’m adding a proper feature request post because I suddenly see tons of possible use for such a feature.

https://wishlist.webflow.com/ideas/WEBFLOW-I-293

Writing it I realized that this would have to work differently from how the CMS currently work, as this information should be retrieved to be used outside of a Dynamic List—because anything put in a DL is repeated—but in conjunction with it—because it should take into account the filtering of the list it goes with.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.