Can someone make a short clip to help me understand filtering?

I am trying to have two different categories displayed in my CMS collection list out of four categories total. Filter collection list by multiple fields using | Webflow Wishlist A admin commented his soloution, but I can not make any sense of it. Can somone demonstrate what he did? It would be super helpful! thanks!

Webflow Team commented:

Yeah I’d love this. I have a collection of Help Articles and want to have a help article appear in two different categories. I created two different Reference fields Topic 1 and Topic 2 so I can choose these categories for an article. Right now I can only filter a dynamic list using the AND operator (both of the filters have to be true to show data). I wish I could just set OR (either have to be true).

Included screenshot with comment
Webflow_-_Webflow_Help_Center

I’d prefer not to put my site out just yet

What’s not possible is to use the multi-reference field and then filter on categories.

What’s possible is having 2 reference fields linked to the same category collection, and then:

• you can filter on posts that have 2 categories defined by using the 2 filters you’re showing in your image (but it’s an “rule 1 AND ruel 2” must be true case, so it will only show posts that have the 2 defined catagories)
  • you CAN’T filter on posts having one or the other category

Basically, with Webflow, we currently have no option to build either a multi facet filter using “OR”, neither can we have a tag system where a CMS item can have multiple tags and lists can show posts with one or multiple tags.

1 Like