This is not my understanding of Webflow Symbols.
Perhaps I'm mis-stating their intended purpose...
- but Webflow Symbols are used to save a block of Design
- which can be inserted into other parts of the websites.
In doing this...
- it allows the Designer to maintain a block of Design
- over several portions of the website.
- A DIV that contains the clients contact info.
If this info used on 5 different pages (and the info changes)...
- you have to change it in 5 different places.
If you instead create a Symbol from one of the instances...
- you could place the Symbol on the 4 additional pages
- instead of replicating the Design block.
The advantage being reusable Design blocks / Code.
Using the above example
- Changing the Symbol on 1 page
- will change the address info on all 5 pages.
If Symbols have other purposes
- I haven't encountered them yet.