Can the export code option be used to export to godaddy?

I’m new to all this stuff. right now my boss wants me to make a new website to replace our old one which was made with written code( a little above my head). right now we get our domain and hosting through godaddy. can i use web flow to make the website and then pay for a plan for a month and then export the code to go daddy to be used for our website?

Here is my site Read-Only: LINK
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

In general yes (Under paid account plans) - but:

• No way to export CMS pages (Blog articles and so on).
  • You going to lose all editor/designer capabilities (Only developer could edit the content by code editor).
  • Forms will not work (Without extra code).

Also keep in mind about the topic of 301.

Related docs Q:
Does the exported code include my CMS and Ecommerce content?

What would the lack of CMS effect? the website wont have any forms or any commerce.
its not the best plan but would i be able to edit the website by coming back to webflow, edit the site and hten just re export?
when you say 301 do you mean the “Dose the exported code…” form topic?

If you write a blog for example (X articles) - you won’t get the X blog articles under the export site (Same idea for team members, recipes -or- any other collection).

Not related to export code. Related to change site content and pages (Google it)/ Example: https://www.searchenginewatch.com/2018/07/06/a-guide-to-redesigning-a-website-without-affecting-seo/

Hi Ezra, just looking over the related doc and trying to clarify what “to avoid conflicts with other code frameworks, Webflow adds “w-” to the front of any component-specific classes” means. If I’m exporting a Webflow website to host on another platform and it has animations, am I going to run into problems? also I presume by not exporting forms, an email form wouldn’t be exported?

It’s adding the w- prefix for this very reason, so you shouldn’t run into problems.

The page and form will be exported and visible, but would not work unless you add some back-end code/function somewhere and hook it up. It’s quite a simple process but you need a script somewhere which serves to send mail.

Have you had any issues in general with exporting to host on different platforms and how the exported site appears on mobile?

There are some minor things that bug me about it but I’ve never had any problems as such.

Things that bug me:

• Only static pages can be exported. For CMS sites or eCommerce then I use Udesly to overcome this, but it does add to project time. It would be really handy to be able to export CMS items as static pages.
  • Exported CSS/JS is not optimised for the site and can sometimes leave a lot of dead code which is difficult to remove without causing problems for the site. After my first few attempts to clean this up I gave up and never bothered with it again because honestly it’s not that much of a problem.
  • Slugs aren’t persisted and we manually move files into directories and change filenames to keep things looking pretty. This one definitely bugs me the most and has helped cause a few human errors.

We still continue to use it all the time without issues though.

After you export to host elsewhere, if you want to make changes can you bring it back into Webflow to re-edit if you purchase a Lite plan?

Nope. Webflow can’t reimport an export. So you maintain your project and export as needed or you export and then maintain externally. With a lite plan this would use one of ten projects.

Can you transfer a project from one account to another? So if someone is working on it and wants to hand it over to you on your account can they do that?

Yes. Please refer to the documentation in the Webflow University.