Can we disable editor access to specific collections?

As everyone continues working from home and wanting to contribute to site maintenance during this isolation fiasco, are there ways to limit user control in the editor?

The most vulnerable sections are the collections themselves, so I am wondering if it is possible to disable editor access to specific collections, and if not, what is the reason for this?

I have some users requesting access to only fix spelling errors, yet see no option to set them up with this without also giving them access to modify and edit all collections including changing slugs, reference and multi-reference, and names that can instantly break the way collection pages display conditional logic.

Is it possible to lock certain collections from the editor such as collections used to create categories and subcategories with compled multi-reference assignments?

6 Likes

I have the same question – is it possible to invite an editor into a specific collection to interact with that specific type of CMS content? I’m thinking no, but want to verify.

2 Likes

I am a bit surprised this isn’t a more requested feature- at least for agencies that co-manage sites.

A simple collection lock similar to password protecting a page would be enough for me for now.

Less important restrictions: Limit heading choices, disable code embed, and an option to only show matched pairs for multi-reference combinations.

3 Likes

hey web flow staff?? can u guy give us a chance ??? lol

1 Like

I am running into the same situation here. I would like the client to only have access to certain collections. This for multiple reasons (no knowledge, security, different levels of authority, and so on).

Hopefully this will be implemented soon, would make the product so much more professional

1 Like

I’ve seen several past conversations surrounding this very feature. In fact, I’m looking for this as we speak. I have several collections that are only used for category filtering and need to restrict client access to them.

@PixelGeek, you’re the only familiar face I know. Is this on the dev teams radar? It would be such a great feature.

2 Likes

@NewInBoston
Simply disable the toggle here where you don’t want editors to have access.

Edit - as for the collection items itself, ya that one is tricky. I usually put the ones they will edit toward the top.

Make sure to put a DONOTEDIT label on those you dont want editors to touch

this setting is indeed usefull but yes i would like to have permissions in collections too,…so please add this to the list of needed features webflow…

Seeking this feature as well!

1 Like

A no-brainer that this is needed!
You’d want to hide from the client anything not relevant.
Shame that amidst all the top level big-stuff development that WF do to their platform nobody seems to look out for smaller improvements that can be made. like this one.

1 Like

We’ve got to have the option to select whether collaborators/editors should be allowed to edit a collection, as some collections are used as “back-end” and not page content and should not be edited by a client.

Please, Webflow, we got to have this feature! Having to untick every single element on a 25+ page website is a lot of work, if I need them to edit all collections, I’d rather give them designer access.

I really hope this feature makes it to the Webflow roadmap soon. It would be pretty crucial for certain kinds of projects.

1 Like

So many reasons to have this :person_raising_hand: