Can Webflow be used to sell downloads of very large files?

Hi folks,

I’m interested in using Webflow to create an ecommerce website that sells downloads of very large files (around 7GB in some cases). Is Webflow capable of this natively or will I need to use a third party service? How would one go about setting this up? Are there Webflow hosting plans which will cover massive files like this?

You can definitely host this file size on a OneDrive account or Amazon Web Services account and find some sort of code or third-party plugin that allows access to this product upon purchase.

Host the link and a password on OneDrive and then when somebody purchases your file- the email order invoice that gets sent to the purchaser can then have the information people can use to then go ahead and download it.

This is the first thing that came to mind.

1 Like

Hi @marklovin.
Josh from Foxy here. With our seamless integration with Webflow (Webflow | Foxy.io), you can sell any type of product, including digital products. Files hosted with us must be below 250MB, but we integrate with AWS, FetchApp, and your own servers.

Our digital product functionality auto handles delivery for you. More info can be found here: Digital Products | Foxy.io

Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or need help getting started: hello@foxy.io. We offer an unlimited free trial, free one-on-one on-boarding, and more.

Thanks,
Josh

2 Likes

@foxy You guys really do it all, jeez.

I’m definitely gonna be using you in the future.

Can you guys integrate with OneDrive as well? I have 5TB for free for life, so I’m using that to the max.

Hey @Lifestyledq.
With our Zapier integration, you should be able to setup your own digital product flow, connecting to the right OneDrive file depending on Foxy data (ex: product code) and then trigger an email to the customer with a link to the file.

Thanks,
Josh

Thanks for the replies guys. I’ll take a look at Foxy+AWS.

Foxy looks great, but for comparison purposes are there any alternatives that are worth checking out?

@foxy what do you consider the main benefits of Foxy over some of your competitors?

Thanks,

Hi @marklovin.
Here are some benefits of going with Foxy:

• Smooth integration with Webflow
  • Moves with you if you ever decide to leave Webflow
  • Zapier integration
  • 100+ Payment integrations - Payment Methods | Foxy.io
  • Sell more than downloads - physical, donations, services, subscriptions, etc.
  • Free one-on-one on-boarding
  • Unlimited free trial

Hope this helps some. Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any follow up questions.

Thanks,
Josh

1 Like