Can you unbind a collection list?

I have a collection list on a page that is bound to a collection and displaying items from that collection on a collection template page. I want to unbind it from that collection and bind it to another collection but there is a lock symbol on that drop down. Is there a way to unbind and rebind without deleting the list and starting all over?

56 PM

Here is my public share link: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/plusen-designs-2017?preview=a086e2c967432d352b0aad2b515ae234

1 Like

You have to delete/unbind everything inside first. So you might as well just start from a new collection list.

1 Like

Hey Samilew, have you encountered situations where you cannot unbind, and must delete the elements? I have some elements showing as bound, but cannot find any bound properties. This started happening frequently on my projects over the past few weeks.

While it’s not a huge effort to rebuild those parts for the “clone”, I’m wondering if I’m missing something in the bindings.

In this example;

It shows only one remaining bound element;

But no bound properties appear;

1 Like

Can’t help without access to your project.

1 Like

I had the same problem as memetican, and i noticed that i had conditionals for some post properties that were preventing unbinding. They don’t have a color cue so it’s hard to spot.

1 Like

I have a work around for this. It’s not ideal but in the case where there are no dynamic items inside a bound element and it still shows as bound, just select the element that is bound, right click on it in the preview area and convert to a link block. This will mess the styles up but right click again and convert it to a Div block this time around. Hopefully that worked for you. :slight_smile:

3 Likes