Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Can't add more content to div whose visibility is set to Tablet and Phone only

Hello Webflow Community!

I’m quite new to Webflow and have no coding experience AT ALL. I am trying to build a website for a local guest house and am trying to create a full-screen custom menu for mobile devices. On the tablet view, I’ve added a div block which I’ve classed “Mobile Menu” and set to Fixed: Full and added an orange background colour. I want to now add more div blocks inside that can serve as wrappers for nav links, but as soon as I set the Mobile Menu div to not display on desktop, I can no longer add ANYTHING to my Mobile Menu div. It was working before… I don’t understand why all of a sudden it doesn’t work. Please help me…

With thanks!

-Caleb

Here is my site Read-Only: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/somerset-view?utm_source=somerset-view&preview=5cafe1c753081578f364b625acdc264b

Adds. Div, initially, is on 142px above scope. Just set the value to zero.

Hi there @Bogette,

That’s fine but do I have to set the div blocks I add to Absolute or Fixed in order for them to work?

I would like to be able to control the layout of the additional content via Flexbox, but anything I put into the Mobile Menu div doesn’t respond at all to Flexbox inputs.

Any insights there?

@CaleKoe Indeed, you are right. I do not know why this is happening, I do not see any obvious reasons.

In this case, just insert a new div block and set its width and height to 100%. Then you can control the new elements via flexbox

In this case, you do not need to use to fixed and absolute positioning. Use static or relative

Hi @bogette,

I’ve discovered that if I simply go to Desktop View and set my Mobile Menu to Display None, it solves the issue! Not exactly sure why, but I picked up the technique in video 2 of 8 of Webflow’s Portfolio build on YouTube.

Thanks again for all your help with this.

Sincerely,

Caleb K.