Can't connect collection items to blog posts

Can’t connect collection items to blog posts! I set up a blog collection, but when I try to connect a link block to a collection item, it says “nothing to connect to”.

Not sure how to make them link?

Hannah

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/your-single-year?preview=953fe1c13b27e75bd9c5d9df82d18628

Hi @Hannah_Becker thank you so much for posting this, I’m actively looking in to this with the team right now as it may be related to this issue as well: Collections Issues

Hi @Hannah_Becker I’m having some trouble reproducing the behavior in a duplicate of your site on my end.

Could you please send me screenshots of the behavior you’re describing?

Can you please try the following:
(1) Try to reproduce the error while being logged into Webflow using Incognito mode with browser extensions turned off: Browse in private - Computer - Google Chrome Help
(2) If the problem persists, please take a screenshot of your Console and send it to me: Chrome DevTools - Chrome Developers

Could you please let me know what browser version you’re using by sending me your information from this page? There should be a small share link when you visit the page which you can send to me.

Thanks in advance!

I tried what you suggested, but unfortunately it didn’t work. Here is a screenshot.

Hi @Hannah_Becker thank you so much for your reply.

That link setting is actually to map a link field from your collection. Since there aren’t any link fields within your Blog Collection, it doesn’t have a link to pull in to that field.

Instead if you are trying to link your link blocks to the current blog posts page, you will need to use the dynamic page link setting as shown in the screenshot below:

​Please let me know if this is helpful or if you have any additional questions.

I’m happy to help further! :bowing_man:

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.