Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Can't figure out how to stop this from duplicating

Hello

I’m trying to add an individual bios to these cards I’ve created but every time I do it will replicate it on all the other cards.

Is there a way to fix this?

Some things to note:

• Cards are made in CMS Collection

• I have no idea what I’m doing

Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

Here is my site Read-Only: ** https://preview.webflow.com/preview/theuncult?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=theuncult&preview=a3359ea520c3c050c53b3a7deb83b86a&pageId=5d64eab59093d7d4f8c47291&mode=preview **
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

Hi @coolhandluke1

Your mistake is this: when you are editing the “team member” div in the designer, you are in fact editing one instance that is going to be duplicated for all the other cards from the CMS, so since it is in the collection that has same fields in ALL of them once you add text there, it will copy it to all the other CMS generated cards.

So in order to have a individual bios for each member you need to create an additional field inside your CMS (eg. bio like you have fields for names, job titles, etc…) and then write the individual bios in there, and once finished - you add a text field to the card in the designer and and link the field to the bio field … and they will auto populate like the rest of the information…

Thank you for your reply.

I followed the steps you mentioned, however when I go to populate the new text box it doesn’t seem to appear in the dropdown as shown below.

Any ideas? Cheers

you put the bio in the wrong collection - you are populating from “Teams” but you put the bio in the “Team Members” collection

No worries,

I fixed the CMS but for some reason, it’s still not allowing me to select it

I’ll just do some studying to see how to set it up properly! thank you very much for your help

Not sure if this post is still open, I’ve made changes with no success.

I created an entirely new collection with a bio section called teams. When I go to create the text field and select ‘get text from teams’ the Bio is not there?

Am I doing this wrong?

Any help would be appreciated

43%20am