Can't fit more NavBar links

This is probably really stupid, but I cannot for the life of me figure this out. I have tons of space still, but when I add another link item in my Navbar the layout gets all wacked out. I tried everything but nothing seems to work.

What am I missing?

Here is my site Read-Only: LINK
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

Hello @NewYears1978

Can you share your read only link please?

It’s in my original post already? :slight_smile:

The issue with the navbar is because the nav element has a container as part of the structure

This gives you control over the extension of the elements on your site but you can always remove it and place your links outside of it.
Note: Be careful with the amount of nav links you use, I would suggest playing around with padding, text size, etc even with drop downs to fit the elements you need on your menu.

The container element in Webflow has a max width of 940 px, you can have a more detailed explanation on how the container works here:

Yeah I JUST determined it was the container. Problem is when I removed it and replaced with div, my mobile menu got completely debunk.

I’ll work with it and see what I can come up with.

1 Like

I usually just drag a div into the navmenu and then you can drag all the elements inside of the new div, exactly the same as the default container. This shouldn’t impact your mobile menu at all.

Let me know how you go

I had to leave it as it was. I think because I had fixed everything for mobile already that when I moved everything to a div everything went wonkers. Luckily I don’t need any more space now. Container will be fine for this site. But in future I will know to maybe switch with a div.

Cool glad you could still get a decent result.

The default container is so small unfortunately, but yeah just get used to using divs instead and setting max widths