Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Can't point InMotion domain to Webflow server

We created the A records and the CNAME and nothing happened at all for 24 hours. Sent a message to support 6 hours ago and haven’t heard anything. My client decided to create custom nameservers with InMotion (because neither of us have ever heard of pointing a domain without just switching nameservers) and now the whole thing is broken.

Is there really no way to just use nameservers to point a domain to Webflow?

The IPs I was given to put in for A records don’t resolve to anything, so I really don’t understand what Webflow is telling me to do. Why is this process so counter-intuitive?

Welcome to the Webflow forum!

Could you please edit and provide ALL the necessary details in your post so we can take a look at your site/issue?

In future if you want faster replies and more accurate answers, I suggest including all the details listed in the link above before someone has to ask.

Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks!

This question is about hosting with Webflow. It isn’t about a particular project. How in the world would posting my read-only link help with that?

Is there anyone currently using InMotion who can confirm exactly how we need to point the domain?

Well if you don’t at least tell us your domain name (Published link), I can’t help check the DNS settings.

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.