Can't upload png or jpeg images to the assets folder. Even very small files

I’m trying to get started with creating a portfolio site but I’m unable to upload png or jpeg images to the assets folder. Even very small files. I’m using Safari Version 12.0.1

Here is my site Read-Only: LINK
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

Hi @Alastair_Goodbody

I had this problem before, I just cleared my cache and it worked! You should give it a try! You can also try with Google Chrome to see if you have the same issue. :slight_smile:

Thanks Donald,

Problem persists even after clearing cache. There’s no upload box once I choose an image (tried several at random)… Very frustrating!

:slight_smile:

1 Like

The same process does work in Google Chrome however… Thank you Donald :slight_smile:

1 Like

Try logging out of your account and then logging back in.

I have had this issue a few times now and just doing that should fix the issue. (Every time I logged out and then back in it fixed this issue.)

Lmk how it goes on your end.

Otherwise let @webflow support know.

Thanks, I’ve tried and still only working in chrome at present. Now trying to work out how to float the logo centre within a container! :slight_smile:

I only Use Chrome with Webflow!

Cool - Thanks. I’ll do the same seeing as it works. Just working things out and it’s very user friendly so far! Really hope to use Webflow as a tool for building sites for people in the future. Cheers Barndon

1 Like

Hi @Alastair_Goodbody,

Most of the times, the issue occurs once trying to upload an already existing image on the Assets Folder - Can you please try changing the view to List and make sure the image wasn’t previously uploaded?

It is also worth mentioning there is a 4MB limit for every image - can you please check if the image(s) you’re trying to upload doesn’t exceed this limit?

If the issue still persists, can you please try the following:

(1) Share your site Read-Only link, so that we can test on our end

(2) Try to reproduce the error while being logged into Webflow using Incognito mode with browser extensions turned off: Use Private Browsing in Safari on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

Let me know if this is helpful or if you have any additional questions - I’m happy to help further!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.