Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Capitalisation of collection name + automatically added 's'

Capitalisation of Collection Name and plural/singlular versions isn't possible any more.

The other day I set up a collection "Team Members" with cap initials. These cap initial are shown in the fields Collection Name, Plural Version and Singular Version.

Today I want to set up a collection for a publication (pool of articles), and these fileds only accept a cap initial at the very start and everything else changes to lowercase. While this would not have been an issue with something like 'Team members' it is important for me to have cap initials on the new Collection, because it's the title of a publication. At the moment it looks as if I didn't care and just typed it all lowercase.

Would you please look at this and restore to how it worked before? Many thanks!

One other thing: An 's' is automatically added to the Collection Name. I don't want that. I need to name it with the title of the publication – without an extra 's' being there.

hi @spirelli Happy 12,017!

Sorry for the late response to this post. Can you please provide a read-only link?

thanks in advance

Thank you for your answer. Here's the link to the site:

It's the fourth collection that I'm unable to use cap initials for, but having tested that doesn't seem to be possible now at all – while I was able to do it with the second collection, as you can see.

@PixelGeek – How are things on this front? Any updates?

Thank you.

Hi @spirelli I just wanted to let you know that we're still working on this fix, as soon as we have more information I'll let you know right away!

Hi @spirelli Thank you so much for your patience and understanding. We just pushed a fix for this issue.

Can you please take a look on your end (after refreshing the site in the Designer) to make sure that everything is working correctly with this feature on your end?

Hi @Waldo

(I was going to give yu another couple of days before I'd ask again about this, but you've now come back. Great!)

Thank you for fixing the capitalisation. That works as before now.

For the collection name, the plural version is automatically used, even if a singular name is input. That makes sense in many instances. However, suppose your posts are for a publication. You would then want to name the collection with the publication name. For example. if your publication was "The New Yorker", the collection name would automatically be names "The New Yorkers" which would be incorrect. I wonder whether there is some kind of clever thing you could do to solve this. I can see how this isn't straight forward...

A work around for the user could be to use "The New Yorker articles" as a collection name instead.

Thank you again.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.