Change published date (transferring posts from Wordpress to Webflow)

Can someone please explain to me how I can transfer blog posts from my Wordpress to Webflow and to keep the published dates from Wordpress (or at least be able to change them manually in Webflow)?

I am new at blogging so I need some help and I’m also not as familiar with technical language.

Thank you!

-Diana

Here is my site Read-Only: LINK
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

You’ll need to import the dates into a new field. The created/publish date fields are read-only.

See

CSV import: no date mapping possible? - #9 by guido
Anyone know a way to post date blog posts

What does it mean to add a field using CSV? In Wordpress can I export my blog posts as a CSV? Sorry I am very new at this.

Hi @prettyinskin here is more of a information in importing CSVs from WordPress to Webflow.

Migrate from WordPress to Webflow CMS | Webflow University

Hope this helps :grin:

1 Like

Yes this does!! Thank you! I will let you know if I have more questions :slight_smile:

Hi. I’m new to Webflow and I’m seeing this issue everywhere. I’m trying to migrate my WordPress site to Webflow. I need to retain the publish date from my WordPress website. The website cannot display or use the for metadata the date of the actual publishing. This essentially destroys the blog.

BTW: I am not importing CSV because this does not contain images. The point is that I need to be able to backdate the publish date of any article.

How do I backdate the publish date to the date I actually published the original article? Adding new fields and workarounds like this simply aren’t going to cut it.

@PixelGeek is there are solution at this point?