Changing custom domain effects blog and collection links?

I’m about to change my custom domain for one of my sites to justonedime.com (and setting it as the default domain), replacing amazon.justonedime.com, and I’m wondering if this will effect my blog posts/collections links and structure at all. I’m wondering because I noticed when creating a new collection, it says I cannot change the URL:

Thanks,
Josiah

P.S. I’m building my blog on amazon.justonedime.com first because my original blog, Amazon FBA Training & News | Just One Dime Blog, is already live on a different host and I’m switching it over to Webflow.

If both subdomain and domain is added to your site, and you set a primary domain, the URLs will automatically redirect.

I’m not creating a redirect, I’m just deleting the amazon.justonedime.com and adding justonedime.com. Will that work?

No, don’t delete it. Add the subdomain to your hosting panel, but set the main domain as primary.

Oh okay, that makes since. And it won’t affect all my blog and collections links, right, @samliew

Yes, old URLs on your sub-domain will point to your main domain if it exists.

I’ve tested this out on my project:

This http://amazon.samliew.com/webflow-expert will redirect to my main domain with the correct page loaded.

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.