Changing Template Navigation (removing template pages that I have removed) from the drop down menu: Using Template Avante

I have removed some pages that were in my template and I want to remove those pages from the drop down menu portion of the navigation bar. I want to test to make sure that my navigation is only going to pages I have defined.

Here is my site Read-Only: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/apryls-dapper-project?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=apryls-dapper-project&preview=1085668433da02c8b8d32b0d1fe8069c&mode=preview

Hey there!

If I am understanding correctly, you’re just wanting to ensure that the only pages displayed in the dropdowns at the top of the page. Unlike many other WYSIWYG editor out there, the pages that are listed in your “Pages” menu don’t automatically reflect in your navigation-bar of the site. While the may seem like an annoyance, it actually gives you more versatility on customization.

With this in mind, in order to add your new pages to the dropdown menus, you will simply need to open up each dropdown within the nav-menu, then delete each of the unused links. I suggest leaving one link in each dropdown. This will allow you to customize the text and link within and keep the formatting without having to built a new element yourself.

Here is a picture of where you can find the dropdown menus and the links within the navigation:

Let me know if I need to further clarify anything! :slight_smile:

@TylerCourts - This was extremely helpful. With your help, I was able to modify the actual number of drop-down menu’s - Now what I am struggling with is changing the names that are displaying on the drop down menu (I was able to change the main menu’s).

Your help has been priceless. Thank you so much.

Glad I could help!

In terms of changing the actual text that displays on the navigation menu:

1. The navigation menu in this template is setup as a Symbol. So first you will want to hover over the navigation menu in the Designer (it should highlight in green) and double click.

2. From that point this will give you access to edit any of the elements (text, images, etc.) that are nested within the Navigation.

3. In order to change the contents of the dropdown menu, you will want to first click on the main menu that you want to edit.

4. Once you click, you will want to navigate to the top right hand side of your screen and click the gear icon.

1. At this point, you should see the settings for that specific dropdown. You can click Open Menu to see the contents of the dropdown (the inner links).

2. You can click on each individual link and change the text that displays within the menu.

3. When hovering over one of the links, you can also click the gear icon by it to change where the link takes you to!

Hope this helps! You can also check out this video from Webflow University for more info on Dropdowns:

I can’t thank you enough - prior to your help I had spent a few hours trying to find this solution and figure it out myself. THANK YOU so very. much!