Check for IE9 or lower

Hi

Does anyone know of any nice routines html and css which prompt the user if they are using a browser older than IE9? My Webflow sites fail badly in IE8 and I’d like to embed something which pops up or drops down etc. Or is there anything built into Webflow that I’ve missed?

A lot of my clients are in the UK Health Service and IE8 is still widely used because of legacy web systems - even with all the MS warnings!

Thanks
Mike

This one works really well @pnewest : Outdated Browser - Update your Browser

2 Likes

Hey @Waldo that’s really cool! Thanks!

1 Like

That’s really helpful. Many thanks @Waldo.

1 Like

My pleasure :slight_smile: you’re helping the future of the internet by including this in your sites, especially if you have a lot of visitation from odd/old browsers :wink: haha

Anyone else looking for a browser warning routine might be interested in https://browser-update.org which is simpler to add to the website than Outdated Browser - Update your Browser (just one block of script to put before the </body> tag) and the message block is not as dramatic as browser-update (just one line at the top of the page). You can also adjust the css (or just not use css at all), and decide how often the message should re-appear. The default is 24 hours.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.