Checkbox & Radio Names Not Updating

Every time I try to change a checkbox name or radio choice value so the client will know what is being submitted via the form, the name reverts back to “checkbox 1, checkbox 2, etc.” I change the name, navigate away, go to recheck the name it it reverts back immediately.

Link:
https://preview.webflow.com/preview/karsh?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=karsh&preview=8ab1ab166ef9466a63b32ca96836d558&pageId=5d94e014f2b8577ccd7129b2&mode=preview

Hi @outerwhitespace! This could be happening because you are viewing the site in “Read-Only” mode. Any changes made to the site in read-only mode will not be saved.

I’ve created a short video to further clarify: Screen Recording 2019-10-02...

Here is more information within the Webflow University on the ready-only link: Share a read-only link | Webflow University

Hope this helps!

@johnramos No I am definitely not in read only mode, but thank you. It asked me to post the read only link so i turned it on and did so.

Interesting. Is this issue still occuring?

If the issue persists would you be able to try the following and then trying to change the name of the checkboxes and radio names:

@johnramos It’s sadly still happening. I don’t see any errors in console :frowning:

Interesting. I am not able to reproduce this on my end. Would you be able to record a short video of what is happening?

I like to use CloudApp to take screenshots, make GIFs, and Screen recordings — makes it super simple!

@johnramos I use screenmailer. Here it is: https://www.screenmailer.com/v/wJjlaUpz4FtI7HI

I have also tried using Safari (which I NEVER use) as well as my normal Chrome with the same issue.

So I was able to find a workaround. If I click on the text part of the checkbox, the name change will stick. But if I click on the checkbox itself it will not stick. I would have assumed, just like fields and labels, that you had to name the input itself (checkbox or radio in this case).

3 Likes

@outerwhitespace. Ah yes, I see what you mean! I was able to reproduce this on my end as well. I will follow up with the team on this and see if it is expected behavior.

Thanks!

Thanks, @johnramos. I would really think that shouldn’t be expected behavior when a user is used to clicking on the fields rather than labels for the other form inputs. So if it is a known issue, hopefully they will look into changing it. Thanks again.

@outerwhitespace For sure, totally agree. I was able to look into this further, and it looks like this is a known issue and it has been reported to the team.

I can’t provide a timeline for when a fix will be available, but someone from the team will reach back out as soon as we know more.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.