Streaming live at 10am (PST)

'Checkout is disabled on this site': Editable?

Hi,

Is there any way to edit and style this message?

Thank you!

hi @Pataka I read your other post, and I am assuming that you need to add the message for Sundays when you can’t order.

First off, could you please share your read-only link?

instead of having the checkout enabled message, I would add an error message that says that you cannot place an order on Sundays.

You can do that by going to the cart button settings and toggling "error’

Hi Sophia @CampingGirl ,

Thanks for your response!
My apologies that I haven’t made it clear which message I was talking about… ‘Checkout is disabled on this site’ is the default Webflow message that appears in the cart and on the Checkout page when checkout is manually disabled for the site. (Sorry if that was obvious to you.)

I have kept the two posts separate as they are only marginally related in my case. This one concerns a situation when it may be necessary to disable checkout temporarily for some reason - for maintenance perhaps, or an issue with the payment gateway; or, as in my case, when the enterprise is temporarily unable to accept online orders.

For that purpose, it would seem practical to rephrase the message so that it better explains the reason for such an outage. (Yes, I can always add another temporary notification; but generally, the default text of this message is not very customer-oriented.) I haven’t found a way though to access it; it seems to be an in-built system text. Is that right?

But as for your suggestion - it sounds interesting… Do you see a way to use the Error message for this purpose?

Here is the link.

Thank you!

Hi @Pataka! Yes, you can edit the error message here:

1. make sure that ‘Cart’ is selected
  2. toggle to the settings tab
  3. toggle to error
  4. edit the text in designer

Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Thank you, @CampingGirl :slight_smile:
I think there may be a misunderstanding - I am asking about editing this message:

Hi @Pataka

If you follow the steps @CampingGirl mentioned you’ll see the list of all Cart-related errors, and Checkout disabled is one of them. From there you can customize the text of the error message :slight_smile:

My sincere apologies, @CampingGirl and @maciejjasinski :slight_smile:

I didn’t realise there was a difference between the messages in the cart and on the checkout page, so I was looking for this one in vain at the wrong place…

Thank you for opening my eyes!
:slight_smile: