Chrome locks up for a few seconds when visiting webflow.com

I’m not sure if this is related to webflow.com, but chrome will lock up for around 3-4 seconds when webflow dashboard is on an opened tab and then webflow.com is accessed directly on another tab (like the forums).

So I’m curious what this could be. I’m on a relatively clean install of W10, with a 500 gb samsung SSD and i7 with 8 gigs ram. It doesn’t appear to be locking up on any other site, as I’ve been watching carefully. The conditions to cause the lock appear to be dashboard opened in a tab for sometime, along with an additional webflow tab.

I’ve done a clean install, and have removed all plugins.

Any ideas?

Hi @NewInBoston Thanks for posting this, this definitely sounds like odd behavior.

I wasn’t able to reproduce this on my end, are you still experiencing it? When did it start occurring? How many tabs are you running within Chrome?

Are you experiencing it on the Webflow Forum or Webflow’s home page or a different page?

Please send me screenshots of the behavior you’re describing.

Can you please try the following:
(1) Try to reproduce the error while being logged into Webflow using Incognito mode with browser extensions turned off: Browse in private - Computer - Google Chrome Help
(2) If the problem persists, please take a screenshot of your Console and send it to me: Chrome DevTools - Chrome Developers

Could you please let me know what browser version you’re using by sending me your information from this page?

There should be a small share link when you visit the page which you can send to me.

Thanks in advance!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.