Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Classes duplicated in CSS

I was investigating a problem with my layout and discovered 3 duplicate classes. Each had different attributes, but was named the same (.content).

I don't think this is something I could have done if I wanted to, but it did happen.

Anyone else encountered this?

And these were NOT in different media inquiries.

Hi @Veloce

Thanks for posting this, this definitely sounds like odd behavior.

What sites are you seeing this issue occur in? When did it start occurring? Can you send me the site Read-Only links please?

Please send me screenshots of the behavior you're describing. Is the issue in the exported code only? Or can you see this behavior in the Designer as well?

Thanks in advance!

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/ball-customer-day?preview=0443ff14d5efafe6835b7fe2be18d63b

I just noticed today. I was last on the site probably a week ago.

If you do an inspection using the Style Manager you can see two items under .content

Hi @Veloce

I was able to see the issue in your site and made a report to the team of the issue. We hope to have it resolved soon.

After removing and re-adding the content class name to the div block on the home page, I can see the styles are slightly different. Thankfully, this doesn't appear to affect the styles on the canvas:

Thanks again for posting and I will respond here as soon as I have more info.

Doing some more investigation on the .class duplication and it appears another problem is that when I apply flex box to the div and then subsequently remove it (flex box) and return it to a simple display box, the flex box attributes do NOT get removed as I would expect in the output CSS.

Really unusable at the moment. New classes are not being reliably created and attributes are not being updated on the output CSS.

This is on another site of mine (under the same account).

Hi @Veloce

Thanks so much for the update, I have update the report with this information and we will continue to work toward a solution.

Please keep the feedback coming - we read and log every update so if you run into more strange behavior, please let me know.

Any progress yet? I'm really needing to get some things done.

I have duplicated one of my sites in hopes it would reset these problems, but the problems still continue.

Hi @Veloce

Thanks again for your patience.

Our team has pushed a fix that prevents this issue from happening. That said, your site is still experiencing the duplicate class issue as it was created before the fix.

To resolve this you will need to remove the class names from those sections, clean up the unused classes, then reapply the same styles. Renaming one of the classes may make it easier to find all the instances of it.

​Please let me know if this solves the problem, if not, I’m happy to help further.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.