We are running into this too.
We are migrating our wordpress blogs to webflow CMS. We wrote a migration script to wrap our custom code inside of a
<div class='webflow-emebed> before using the API to create the content such that the embeds show up correctly.
While the emebeds do show up appropriately, any future changes made to the content using the CMS editor deletes the emebeds.
Steps to recreate:
- Create a live item using CMS API with a rich field text and some embedded code in this field.
- Observe the item on the live site and see the embedded content render.
- Go to CMS editor and select the item to edit on Webflow
- Change content and hit save
- Editor should show embeded code in the rich text editor of the content field
- Changing the content field should not delete embeded code.
- Rich field text editor does not show a placeholder for the embedded content
- Embedded content gets overwritten and we lose data
Maybe someone from the tech team can point us in the right direction here, how do we get the CMS API to recognize legitimate embeded code in CMS items?