CMS API + Zapier Comments System

Hey guys. Here is a first try at a CMS commenting system through Zaps and Google Sheets. Take it for a spin and let me know what you think. Automatic publishing as a feature would make such scenarios even better. Feedback and improvements highly welcome.

UPDATE - 27th Jan: Live comments search and pinned posts

ZAP PROCESS; Webflow Forms > Google Sheets > Webflow CMS

Read Only Link: Webflow - CMS Comments

Clone Link:

8 Likes

Nice work man, ill have a play

1 Like

Thanks. The 15 minute delay in updating the collection is a slight pain but the whole concept is Zaps concept is really great.

Ah yes the lower level zaps, also sucks webflow makes you publish instead
of auto publish

1 Like

Your site offline now?

Nope. Working well. News comments updated too.

Hmmm, thereā€™s got to be a way around this. Having to publish each update will really hold back the CMS/API feature.

4 Likes

Indeed, although Iā€™m sure a simple switch could be created in settings to turn on auto publishing per site.

I would hope so too. Am sure it will be incorporated soon with incremental updates.

This is AWESOME!!! @AlexManyeki so cool!!! How did you do the search bar?

Thanks Arthur. The search was done through Isotope. @SidneyOttelohe wrote an article on the same here a while back. I just made some adjustments here and there;

Original Link: http://isotope.metafizzy.co

UPDATE MAY 15, 2017

Please Note;

• This system is on the free plan and maximum CMS items limit apply (currently at maximum for this one - no new comments)
  • If you want to use it in production, make sure you have a paid plan for your project or delete some of the comments that exist here
  • An interaction which prevented comments from displaying has been fixed.

Here is the google sheets link for reference : -

Comments Data - Webflow - Google Sheets

1 Like

So new comments only show if I manually publish my webflow site?

Not if you use the new ā€œCreate Live CMS Itemā€ instead of just ā€œCreate CMS Itemā€.

1 Like

Iā€™m curious about how far this comment feature could be extendedā€¦

Reply to individual comment? Indented responses? Subscribe to new comments?

Awesome, love it :heart_eyes:

Hereā€™s a solution that Iā€™ve come up with to have a commenting system, with user logging, only logged in users may add/edit comments, everyone (even logged out visitors) can read comments, etcā€¦

Not very far. Even on the largest plan for Webflow you can only have 10k comments and then no comments ever again.

That would be a great problem to have :smile: your site is so popular that you have to migrate to a 3rd party solution to handle the success. In the interim, these solutions are SUPER helpful to get started with.

Ha, true. But if you donā€™t have the biggest plan then itā€™s only 2000 comments. Or if you have a blog, 200 posts and 1800 comments. It fills up quickly.